Business Writing for Dummies Edition 2
New and completely updated for 2017!
The complete guide and resource for contemporary business writing
“Is this book useful? Let me count the ways...
The overall impression I have is one of sitting down with a knowledgeable friend
for a cup of coffee and a good chat about something I sort of know how to do
but want to do better. ”--J. Norland
This book doesn't tell you what to do—it shows you.
Use it to build your skills in a natural, progressive way—or draw on it whenever you need to field a tough writing challenge, produce a persuasive document, achieve an important goal or compete for an opportunity.
Business Writing for Dummies is grounded in common-sense principles with a touch of psychology.
With minimal reference to grammar, it demonstrates how to achieve the results you want when you write for today's audiences. You learn practical techniques for framing successful messages in every medium from email and letters to proposals, resumes, and reports. Networking messages, elevator speeches, presentations, websites. Blogs, marketing materials and social media.
Discover how to:
- Figure out what to say in every situation
- Understand your readers and align with their concerns
- Self edit for clarity and impact
- Use written, spoken and digital media strategically
- Use under-the-radar opportunities to showcase your value
- Troubleshoot and sharpen your own writing––without grammar rules
- Script yourself: for an elevator speech, presentation, video, opportunity or confrontation
- Identify and express your own special and unique value
- Use Use the techniques of journalism, storytelling and public relations
- Monitor your own writing success and use simple tools for continuous improvement
It’s all totally practical and ready-to-use:
Ideas, tips and techniques for writing better,
AND for advancing your career, persuading others to your viewpoint,
fostering your people networks, enhancing your professional image and much more.
Published by John Wiley
5-star rated by 21 out of 23 Amazon.com and Amazon UK reviewers